Sunday, November 22, 2015

Saying goodbye, then and now, to a victim of terror

20 years is a long time, and the attitude of the Israeli government in one small respect has changed since Alisa was murdered in 1995.  Some thoughts about the murder of Ezra Schwartz from the Times of Israel.

What a difference 20 years can make. It was late Tuesday evening, April 11, 1995. 36 hours earlier I had arrived in Israel to be by the side of my daughter Alisa who had been mortally injured in a bus bombing. Now I was being ushered by Israeli protocol people into the VIP lounge at Ben Gurion Airport to await my El Al flight that would return me with Alisa’s body to the States. I sat on a couch at one end of the room, next to a military chaplain who didn’t speak a word of English. On the opposite side were members of the press who asked a few questions. Frankly, I don’t remember what those questions were, or what I said in reply.

Read the full post here. 
 

No comments: